The San Manuel Gaming Commission (SMGC) IT Auditor I role is a critical position to the organization and requires an individual with the utmost integrity to provide the oversight responsibilities of this position. The IT Auditor I ensures gaming operation compliance with the Tribal/State Compact, as well as the Federal, State and Tribal regulations. The IT Auditor I also ensures that all enterprises licensed, or found suitable, are conducted in a manner that protects the public health, safety, morals, good order and general welfare of the Tribe.
The Information Technology (IT) Auditor I will assist the audit team in defining scope of audits by using a risk-based approach and analyzing information technology risks related to all areas of gaming operations at San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino (SMIBC). The position demonstrates professional judgment while executing reviews of internal control systems including, but not limited to, safeguarding assets, maintaining game and data integrity, and adherence to federal and state regulations. To help IT and the business optimize their efficacy and performance, the IT Auditor I must employ a systematic and disciplined approach when assessing the effectiveness of internal controls. Providing value to our internal customers is paramount, therefore, clear communications, establishing rapport and building relationships with IT leaders and various departments is a critical function of this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and performs comprehensive IT audits using advanced audit methodologies to evaluate potential risk and assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, business processes and efficiency of operations. Audits include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance with federal, state, and tribal regulations
- Physical and logical security
- Data backup and recovery
- User access controls
- Protection of information assets
- Technology interfaces with gaming machines and data
- Application controls validation testing
- Maintaining integrity of gaming systems
- Database access controls
- Security assessment of technology projects
- Special projects as directed by the Senior Audit Manager and Senior IT Auditor
- Constructively works with IT and business operations to identify areas for improvement while collectively agreeing on appropriate corrective actions, facilitating remediation efforts and monitoring progress to ensure that control weaknesses and inefficiencies are being addressed.
- Leads meetings as needed to discuss audit findings with all levels of management.
- Prepares clear and concise written and oral reports prepared for internal and external management.
- Conducts all work in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Monitors multiple technology activities by the IT Department in order to manage and communicate potential risk, as well as, deviations from policies and procedures.
- Leads audit engagements and provides necessary feedback, guidance and coaching as necessary.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment when answering questions and analyzing or providing information.
- Prepares organized and accurate workpapers in support of audit work performed and ensures that all documentation clearly supports the conclusion of each audit objective.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, management, auditees, external auditors and independent agencies representing diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Assists in the training and development of new staff.
- Cross trains non-IT Auditors in information technology reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Accounting/Finance; will consider six additional years of work experience as a substitute for degree.
- Minimum two years of work experience in IT, Information Security, Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- The position requires the ability to understand key processes in data flow to monitor IT activities and ensure compliance is achieved.
- Intermediate level experience using the following Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Ability to conduct research and find useful information on the Internet, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use of Boolean searches, hypertext references, and evaluates the credibility of the source of information.
- Working knowledge of Tribal Internal Control Standards.
- Ability to use data extraction and data analysis techniques such as ACL, MS Excel, etc. to support audits and sampling within the department.
- Ability to employ a proactive approach to problem solving and overall execution of job responsibilities required.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and employees.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing argument to executives.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class ‚ A‚ Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Gaming Commission.
- Must have a valid Driver‚ s license with acceptable driving record as defined by the company insurance carrier.
- CISA,CISM,CISSP, or a similar professional certification preferred.
- Professional certification in auditing or IT, i.e. ISACA, (ISC)2, the IIA, preferred at time of hire, or within one-year of employment at the discretion of management.
Keywords: San Manuel Band of Mission Indians